Wow, how happy was i?
This recipe is unbelievable – Sticky gooey and gorgeous. These must be Millie’s Cookies! But there not, i made them and i am still utterly disbelieved at how good they taste! (Well, if i don’t like my own cooking, i certainly wouldn’t post anything that i didn’t truly think was worth posting about!).
- 125g butter, softened
- 100g light brown soft sugar
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 225g self-raising flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 100g White chocolate chips
- 100g Dried Cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4
- Cream butter and sugars with an electric mixer (if you have one) or spatula until perfectly combined and creamy.,
- Add the the egg and vanilla and stir.
- Sift in the flour and salt, then the chocolate chips and cranberries, use a spatula to fold ingredients.
- Roll into walnut size balls and flatten out with your hand until there the width you like OR roll into 'stumpy sausage' shapes and stand up like a tower - These will give you a smaller but thicker cookie.
- Place on baking paper, leave plenty of room for these little rascals to expand. If you want to have the real Millie's experience then bake for 8-10 minutes until golden at the edges.
- Take out of the oven and leave to harden for a minute before transferring to a wire cooling rack (they will be gooey and unable to move off the tray before this).
- Try to limit yourself - these are addictive!
A perfect gift for your Valentine.